1. What's your name/nickname if you prefer?
Gayle (I have all kinds of nicknames, but I forget to answer to them).
2. Do you like being surrounded by many people?
It depends – I do like hanging out with people and doing things but I definitely need my alone time. Textbook Introvert.
3. Do you think people in your real life consider you normal?
Probably not, but who is?
4. Do you think there are things that make you stand out from the normal?
I know I’m quirky. What makes it stand out is when it pops out at the wrong time!
5. Would you mind telling us...?
I’m a bit of a funky mix of different Japanese backgrounds – I do not look like your stereotypical Japanese woman, much less the stereotypical Asian. Sometimes people get confused as to what I am. Other times, I get slammed with racism, and half the time it’s the wrong race. The latter is truly annoying/upsetting whether they identify me correctly or not.
1. How did you end up on DA?
2. Do you still have the first deviation you posted in your gallery?
Yup! Haven’t removed anything yet.
3. Do you keep your old deviations as memories?
I guess - I’m more too lazy to clean out my stuff.
4. Would you favorite a well-made piece of art although you are not interested in that topic/style of art at all?
Yup! If there is something unusual or a technique that is effectively done, then I’ll favorite because I like what I see, and not just because it fits into the notch of my “usual” likes.
5. Do you think get feedback/watchers groups are useful?
Don’t know. I suppose so. I usually get feedback from friends if I ask. More would be nice, though I’m not one who finds asking for things an easy thing to do.
1. Do you have OCs?
2. How many?
I think only 4-5: Jiji, Jiji-kitty, Carl, Ellie, and the Stitch Witch (which I gave to Joc, but I guess I made her up, so she’s sort of co-owned).
3. Do you do fan art?
Sometimes, if I get a huge itch to.
4. Do you think original art deserves more credit than fan art?
I don’t know. I think original art certainly deserves to be recognized, but I’ve seen rather fantastic fan art out there that can put some original art in the dust. So, I can’t really say either way. I think art should be judged on its own merit, not against each other. After all, no one necessarily likes the same things, right?
1. Do you watch anime?
Some – it’s not something I make an effort to do.
2. Do you read manga?
I think Ranma 1 ½ is about as close as I’ve ever gotten, and I’ve sort of lost track as to where in the series I’m at.
3. Do you think you can be too old for these?
Nope! If you like it, then you like it no matter what the age! J
4. Movies or series?
I like things on their individual merit, not what is pro or con about the grouping.
6. Favorite book?
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
7. Favorite genre?
Lately I’ve been leaning a lot towards regular Fiction, but I do like Fantasy a lot.
8. Can you be friends with people who have not one common hobby with you?
Yes – I believe it isn’t necessarily the commonality of hobbies that make a friend, but the personality of a person that can make or break a friendship. Yes, I have many friends who I get along with due to common likes, but I also get along with people who I have very little in common. If you respect a person for who they are (and that includes what they like/dislike), then you can have a good relationship based on mutual respect. I think the only time I can’t be friends with someone who is different is if I find the differences are hurtful and destructive (to them, myself, or others). That’s a hard thing to respect and therefore nothing positive to base a friendship on.
9. Is making friends in real life easy?
10. Are you religious?
I have my beliefs.
11. Do you enjoy discussions?
Depends on who I’m discussing with.
12. Can you fall in love with a person without physical attraction?
13. Do you personally do something against global warming/climate change?
I try my best to recycle and not contribute too much to other wastes if I can help it.
14. Do you donate for noble causes?
When I am able.
15. Do you like animals?
16. How well do you do with plant care? (House plants)
Varies – I’m usually pretty good, though I can be easily deterred from being a good plant caregiver when life gets me down. (Yup, completely ruled by my emotions or lack of depending on what’s going on).